New survey shows Europe’s large retailers face increasing trade barriers and discrimination in the single market
The Centre for European Policy has now published the results of an independent EU-wide survey, commissioned by European Retail Round Table member METRO AG, entitled Download
European Retail Day
The European Retail Day is a joint initiative of ERRT, EuroCommerce, EuroCoop and Independent Retail Europe, to discuss the major transformations, challenges and opportunities affecting the retail ...
How to make the Circular Economy happen – Retailers’ approach
As part of the Circular Economy measures planned for this year, the European Commission is currently drafting an EU Plastics Strategy. With the use of plastics in the EU growing steadily, less than...
Welcome to the website of the European Retail Round Table (ERRT).
ERRT brings together the CEOs of Europe’s leading multi-national retail companies. Amid the competitive nature of the retail sector, ERRT offers us a platform to discuss the challenges and opportunities that we face on the EU Single Market. Based in Brussels, the capital of the European Union, ERRT’s mission is to develop the dialogue with EU regulators based on the four strategic themes we identified as key to our business: the completion of the EU Single Market; Sustainability; a well-functioning Supply Chain; as well as the effects of the ever-faster Digitalisation of business and society.
On this website you will find more information about us: ERRT’s mission, members, Brussels team and structure. The website also contains figures on Retail in Europe and a databased of our publications, including press statements and our written positions on the various regulatory initiatives we follow.
The European Retail Day is a joint initiative of ERRT, EuroCommerce, EuroCoop and Independent Retail Europe, to discuss the major transformations, challenges and opportunities affecting the retail sector in Europe and the vital role of innovation for the retail industry.
You can find the event website here, if you want to register yourself.
The conference will discuss key issues for the European retail sector, and in particular:
• Challenges, opportunities, trends and transformations in the European retail sector.
• How policymakers and the business community can work together on innovative solutions to ensure growth and competitiveness of both the food and non-food retail sectors in Europe.
• The economic potential of retail in Europe, the role of policy in ensuring the strenght of the single market and a conducive innovation-intensive business environment, taxation regimes and the impact of the Internet.
• The importance of a supply chain consumers can trust, in light of issues such as traceability, security and cyberthreats, as well as new consumer behaviours.
• How the retail sector can enable innovation and react to new trends, in order to maintain a positive relationship with customers.
• Sustainable retail and the circular economy, and how the sector is innovating to achieve its sustainability goals while maintaining its competitiveness.
The ERRT CEO's meeting is scheduled to take place in Spring 2018 in Brussels.
The official date will be confirmed shortly.
Participation is limited to ERRT members.